Invite the Lieutenant Governor to an Event
Each year, the Lieutenant Governor attends many special events, ceremonies and celebrations across British Columbia. If you would like to invite the Lieutenant Governor to an event or if you would like her to host your event at Government House, please note the following information and complete the form below:
- Her Honour’s calendar is planned one to two months in advance. The Office of the Lieutenant Governor will retain your invitation for further consideration closer to the date of the event.
- Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Her Honour has been delighted to participate in a series of virtual events and ceremonies. We remain committed to following the advice and recommendations of the Provincial Health Officer and are unable to accept invitations for in-person events at this time. We welcome you to invite the Lieutenant Governor to participate in your virtual event by completing an invitation form.
- Government House will undergo significant internal refurbishments, including security, fire suppression and HVAC upgrades, beginning summer 2020, through autumn 2021. Due to the impact of these renovations on event spaces throughout the House, the Office of the Lieutenant Governor is unable to accept requests for the Lieutenant Governor to host events at the House during this time. Future events may also be affected by whatever guidelines are in place regarding COVID-19.
- The Office of the Lieutenant Governor does not accept Save The Date requests as official invitations.
- Requests for messages from the Lieutenant Governor must be sent separate from invitations. The message request form can be found here.
*indicates a required field. If you encounter difficulty submitting the form, please make sure all required fields are completed.