The Lieutenant Governor profiles excellence and promotes the history, culture and achievements of British Columbians. The Lieutenant Governor instills pride in the geography, natural resources and people of British Columbia by profiling its rich beauty and accomplishments. To promote the best of British Columbia, the Lieutenant Governor:
- Showcases the heritage, art and culture of the province while hosting members of the Royal Family, heads of state, ambassadors, consuls general and other distinguished visitors;
- Profiles the accomplishments of British Columbians through prestigious award programs that carry the name of the Lieutenant Governor;
- Welcomes guests to Government House, its grounds and gardens. As the ceremonial home of all British Columbians and a National Historic Site, it is becoming a destination point for visitors and garden enthusiasts;
- Supports programs to educate and inculcate respect for the history, culture and achievements of British Columbians;
- Inspires a sense of duty to protect the legacy of British Columbia’s multicultural history;
- Champions the development of a new shared history for the people of British Columbia through respect, reconciliation and unity.