Contact Government House and the Lieutenant Governor
Each year, the Lieutenant Governor attends many special events, ceremonies and celebrations across British Columbia. If you would like to invite the Lieutenant Governor to an event, you can do so by writing a letter of invitation, on letterhead, which includes:
- background information on the event and organization;
- the date and time of the event (and whether these are flexible);
- information on the venue, or if you would like the event to be held at Government House;
- the number of people expected to participate;
- the role you would like the Lieutenant Governor to play, (e.g., speech [maximum 5 minutes], award presentation, etc.);
- name and telephone number of a contact person;
The salutation is “Your Honour”.
Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia
1401 Rockland Avenue
Victoria, B.C. V8S IV9
Invitations may also be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind the Lieutenant Governor is invited to hundreds of events every year and her calendar is planned two to three months in advance.
Information regarding hosting the Lieutenant Governor is available under Protocol.
If you would like to request a message or greeting from the Lieutenant Governor, please visit Event Planning. Please note message requests must be received a minimum of four weeks prior to the date the message is required. Due to the volume of requests, organizations receive a maximum of two messages per calendar year. Messages are not granted for commercial endeavours.