The Honourable Janet Austin, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia, as the representative of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in the province, will host a Platinum Jubilee Festival on the grounds of Government House on Friday August 19th from 2:30PM until 5:30PM. This event is free and open to the whole family. Join Government House in celebrating Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee with music, refreshments and festivity!
Things to Know:
- Featuring: musical performances by the orchestra, ballet & opera, entertainment for children including games on the lawn, bouncy castles & more!
- The Platinum Jubilee Fest will take place rain or shine, barring any extreme weather forecasts.
- The location is 1401 Rockland Ave, at the Government House Rotary Garden, located just above the Cary Castle Mews near the orchard (see map).
- Government House will be providing light refreshments and snacks and there will be food trucks available (outside food is welcome too, but no alcohol please).
- This is an event in the garden, so bring hats for sun and cover in case of rain.
- There are outside washrooms available onsite.
- These events are popular and onsite parking is limited. Government House can be reached via a 20-minute walk or five-minute drive from downtown. Buses on Victoria Regional Transit routes 11 and 14 stop on Fort Street at Joan Crescent, three blocks from Government House.
- Transit by bicycle is welcome! Due to the popularity of these events, bike rack space may be limited, but bikes may be stored along the perimeter fence surrounding the concert space.
- Well behaved, on-leash furry friends are welcome (and may have the opportunity to meet Macduff!).
- Made possible with support from volunteers of The Friends of Government House Gardens Society and the Government House Foundation. Donations graciously accepted in support of The Friends of Government House Gardens Society.