Government House graciously accepts donations of objects such as artwork, furniture and housewares, provided it falls under the Acquisitions Criteria.
Donations to the Government House collection will be accepted through the acquisitions committee. Objects acquired by donation should be relevant to the collecting mandate. The donation should be made with unrestricted terms, free of any conditions imposed by the donor.
- Acquisitions Criteria
The following general conditions apply to all acquisitions:
- a clear legal title and a strong provenance must be established
- a Deed of Gift must be signed by the donor stating that the donor has clear legal title to the object
- there must be no legal or ethical barriers to collecting the work
- those works that are damaged, modified, have deteriorated and require extensive conservation, or are incomplete will not normally be accepted
Beyond the above mentioned guidelines, all acquisitions must be of immediate or potential relevance to one of the following:
- the Office of the Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia
- Government House
- the Province of British Columbia
If you have an item you would like to donate to the Government House collection, please contact email@example.com.